NextGen is Peninsula Productions youth theatre company.
This summer the company will create/perform/collaborate/support/facilitate.
We are looking for creative young people who are eager to become an important part of the NextGen company.
We want to hear from you if you are a theatre maker with more than one skill. For example, you are an actor who does graphic design or a stage manager who loves to sing, or a dancer who understands the importance of social media. We want people who aren’t afraid of trying something new and have a desire to create and collaborate!
Some of the things you will be taking part in this summer are
- Supporting the mainstage show through
- Marketing – social media, poster distribution, promote at farmers market
- Off stage support – Front of house, ushers, backstage costume changes, props, running lights and sound.
- Design Assistance – helping the costume designer to source costumes, hanging lights for the lighting designer, sourcing props for the props designer.
- Producing your own show including researching and creating the play, marketing, designing, budgeting etc
To be eligible, students must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- have been registered as full-time students in the previous academic year and intend to return to school on a full-time basis in the next academic year
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection for the duration of the employment
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations
If you are interested in being part of NextGen please send us a cover letter outlining why you would be an excellent member of the company. Tell us about your skills, your experience, and your creative aspirations!
****The application is open to all youth but we are particularly interested in hiring youth who are in underrepresented groups, including new immigrant youth/refugees, Indigenous youth, youth with disabilities and visible minorities.
Remuneration: $11.35 an hour 30 hours per week (depending on funding there is a possibility that this amount will increase)
June 18th – August 17th – work times will vary